Laminar flow hoods
Microbiological safety hoods, Class II
The series of Class II microbiological safety hoods, designed and built according to the performance requirements of EN12469: 2000, is used in all situations where it is necessary to protect the operator and the environment from the harmful effects of uncontrolled spreading of airborne contaminants and, equally, to ensure that no environmental interference of a microbiological nature can affect the product during its handling.
These hood families are normally used in Microbiology, Virology, Haematology and Cell Culture laboratories. They are increasingly being used in innovative fields of research and in particular for the manipulation of:
- recombinant DNA
- Oncogenic viruses
These hood product series are classified as follows:
- Class II as they are equipped with a partial frontal working opening allowing the suction of 30% of the total air involved at a minimum speed of 0.4 m/s and a recirculation system for the remaining 70% which is sent to the working area in laminar flow at an average speed of 0.4 m/s (as defined by EN 12469 standards).
- Type A1, according to NSF 49 (U.S.A.) standards, as can be used safely even if the expelled air coming from the frontal barrier is returned to the environment.
- Type A2 as, according to NSF 49 (U.S.A.) regulations, the expelled air can be channeled towards the outside of the room where it is used (for further technical details see the dedicated paragraph).
- Countertop model
- Single fan or double fan (DF versions)
- Perforated AISI 304L work surfaces
- Glass with a motorized up-and-down mechanism
- One electrical outlet for 36 and 48, two for 60 and 72 models
- Vacuum circuit with tap
- Gas circuit with tap and solenoid valve
- UV lamp
- Armrests (pair)
- Drawer chest on wheels, three drawers
- Additional power socket
- Dry contact NO/NC
36, 48, 60, 72
36, 48, 60, 72