The series of Class II microbiological safety extractor hoods are designed and manufactured according to the performance requirements of EN12469: 2000 and are used in all situations where it is necessary to protect the operator and the environment from the harmful effects of uncontrolled spreading of airborne contaminants and, equally, to ensure that no environmental interference of a microbiological nature can affect the product during its handling.
These hood families have normally been used in Microbiology, Virology, Haematology and Cell Culture laboratories. They are increasingly being used in innovative fields of research and in particular for the manipulation of:
- recombinant DNA
- Oncogenic viruses
These hood lines are defined:
- Class II they are equipped with a partial frontal working opening allowing the suction of 30% of the total air involved at a minimum speed of 0.4 m/s and a recirculation system for the remaining 70% which is sent to the working area in laminar flow at an average speed of 0.4 m/s (as defined by EN 12469 standards).
- Type A1, according to NSF 49 (U.S.A.) standards, can be used safely even if the expelled air coming from the frontal barrier is returned to the environment.
- Type A2 as, according to NSF 49 (U.S.A.) regulations, the expelled air can be channeled towards the outside of the room where it is used (for further technical details see the dedicated paragraph).
- Countertop model
- Perforated AISI 316L work surfaces
- Manual tilting glass
- One power socket
- Vacuum circuit with tap
- Gas circuit with tap and solenoid valve
- UV lamp
- Armrests (pair)
- Drawer chest on wheels, three drawers
- Additional power socket
- Dry contact NO/NC
36, 48, 60, 72